Monday, September 16, 2013

Special Guests: Hannah Moroz

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am 18 years old. I just started my freshman year of college, where I'm majoring in film. YouTube has been one of the most important things in my life because it gave me a direction and the resulting dedication. Nothing else taught me to work for myself quite like making videos has. Anyway, I make videos, I write music (I have an EP out on Bandcamp), and I attend conventions galore. I helped create the Secret Show and VidCon, which is probably one of my proudest accomplishments, and I made it to the finals of this year's LeakyStars competition at LeakyCon! Anthony Rapp told me that I had to continue making music, so I will.

How did you find out about CalNerdCon?
My friends and I had just attended our first VidCon, so we were sort of on the lookout for other meet-ups and gatherings. I think my friend Rachel found out about it first from twitter or facebook, and then she told the rest of us Long Beach folk.

How many meetups have you been to?
12?

Share a memory from CalNerdCon.
Nerds at the beach was one of my favorite meet-ups. We all hung out on the beach and played music, like you do. I life-vlogged for the first time in a long time. Rachel was in the middle of her Wohelo project for Campfire Girls, so she was knitting more scarves and hats than I imagined possible, and she taught a bunch of us how to do it. This was also right after a VidCon so we all had a lot to talk and be excited about.
Talk about a nerdy memory.
When I first watched Doctor Who, I very much lived that story. I was swept away at 16 the way I was at 9 when I actually believed that I would be granted waterbending powers someday somehow. I very vividly remember my emotions during my first watch-through, because I was supposed to be less susceptible to my suspension of disbelief. Not much else made me turn right around and believe like Doctor Who did. That's why I'll always love that show without shame.

Promote something!
My first EP is up on my Bandcamp (hannahmoroz.bandcamp.com) for 6$! Some friends and I worked very hard to make it and it turned out spectacular. I'm so proud of it! What would help me most now is for people to keep sharing it so that it gets out past my immediate reach to people.

YouTube: youtube.com/icansodorandom 

Twitter: twitter.com/icansodorandom
Tumblr: icansodorandom.tumblr.com
Music: hannahmoroz.bandcamp.com

2 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Hannah Moroz is one of my all-time favorite people and I loved experiencing just a glimpse of her through this post. Also shoutout to knitting.